Whenever the player loses sanity, the jumpscare sounds will reverberate at an alarming rate. Be careful if the player (you) is wearing headphones.
The player can check their current sanity by glancing at the device on the wall next to the main door, which starts out green, but goes to orange, then yellow, and finally red, as the sanity decreases. Sanity maintains while looking directly at the lamp, but decreases by looking directly at the animatronics. At 5AM the player will automatically drop to the red state of sanity, no matter what sanity state the player currently was at. Looking back at the lamp at this point doesn't bring sanity back up. This is the memory where sanity most affects the player and can actually kill you. Once the player reaches the orange level of sanity, they will start to experience the following:
- The screen starts shaking lightly to heavily, depending on current sanity level.
- The screen has a grain effect on it, getting more intense the less sanity you have.
- The environment around you starts losing color, turning black and white, with the player's vision being increasingly blurred. The player also starts seeing shadowy figures and starts to hear high pitched ringing.
- A dark fluid will start to ooze out of the ceiling.
- The final effect of sanity occurs when you have no sanity left: your screen fades out, with you appearing in the middle of a forest, followed by Ignited Golden Freddy appearing and the words "come back" flashing on your screen, causing a game over. This also happens when you get jumpscared by Ignited Chica when your sanity is low, instead of simply stunning you.
Living Room Edit
At 5.A.M the room will turn red and the "Insanity Ambience" will start to play. The TVs and speakers will have the FNAF 3 phantom eyes.
At 5.A.M the room will turn red and the "Insanity Ambience" will start to play. The Chica poster, the calendar and the TVs will have the FNAF 3 phantom eyes.
In Phase 4, after all the messages on the monitor and before completing the objective, on the other hand when Endo R is about to attack, the basement is an Insanity version of itself, with all of The Fallen in the same room and having to navigate the room without dying from any of them.