The Mechanics for The Joy of Creation and The Joy of Creation: Reborn are lots of different types of defence mechanisms, but some are just there with no usual purpose.
List of Mechanics
- The Flashlight is one of the most common mechanics of The Joy of Creation. In TJoC, it is used as a defence mechanism against the Ignited Animatronics. In the TJoC: R Free-Roam test, it was used for looking around.
- Senses are another one of the useful defence systems (Excluding taste and feel), you have to depend on hearing and seeing to survive for as long as possible in both TJoC games.
- The Monsoon (Rain) is an extra precaution for the Ignited Animatronics; you have to concentrate on other sounds rather than rain drops falling down.
- Phone Calls, instead of explaining most mechanics, it explains parts of the TJoC backstory.
- Free Roam is only for TJoC: R, you have the ability to roam wherever room you want in the house.
- Modes and Stages. Survival Mode is one of the modes of The Joy of Creation. Another one of them is Endless Mode.
- The Jumpscares is another type of common mechanic. If you happen to get jumpscared, you would earn a game over.
- Extras is a type of challenge consisting of some new animatronics. It was released on Alpha v0.7.
- Easter Eggs are either jokes by Nikson, or they have a significance in the TJoC story.